Day 13 – Ground no. 12: Loftus Road, Queens Park Rangers
Hidden behind terraced houses to three sides, Loftus Road is another Old School ground with that distinct community feeling. It feels as though they have just managed to squeeze in the ground. You feel that the stands are placed almost on top of the pitch. There is NO leg room between the seats, there is NO room in the concourse. But it just adds to the feeling of being so fortunate that you managed to squeeze in. The sight of floodlight pylons is wonderful. I have to go back for an evening kick-off.
12. Loftus Road, Queens Park Rangers
13. The City Ground, Nottingham Forest
14. Priestfield, Gillingham
15. Valley Parade, Bradford City
16. Villa Park, Aston Villa
17. Boundary Park, Oldham Athletic
18. Turf Moor, Burnley
19. Bootham Crescent, York City
20. Anfield Road, Liverpool F.C.
21. Elland Road, Leeds United
22. The County Ground, Swindon Town
23. St. Andrew’s, Birmingham City
24. St. James’ Park, Exeter City