Day 12 – Ground no. 13: City Ground, Nottingham Forest
There is something special about a football ground by the river. Especially when you have the ground of your local rivals just on the other side. And you could throw in the cricket ground at Trent Bridge as well. Terraced housing, floodlight pylons, individual stands rather than the modern bowl-shape, and a cracking atmosphere. But it is riverside walk before and at the end of the match, which makes the City Ground something special.
13. The City Ground, Nottingham Forest
14. Priestfield, Gillingham
15. Valley Parade, Bradford City
16. Villa Park, Aston Villa
17. Boundary Park, Oldham Athletic
18. Turf Moor, Burnley
19. Bootham Crescent, York City
20. Anfield Road, Liverpool F.C.
21. Elland Road, Leeds United
22. The County Ground, Swindon Town
23. St. Andrew’s, Birmingham City
24. St. James’ Park, Exeter City