Day 6 – Ground no. 19: Bootham Crescent, York City
Sadly doomed, Bootham Crescent have all the ingredients for a proper match day experience. A very short walk from the city centre along terraced streets – and there it is. The main stand is stunning with its red brick walls and wooden chalets. It has all the irregularities of a ground that has developed over more than 80 years. And the all too rare thrill of a standing terrace behind the goal. And all around the ground, you feel the presence of the town with its terraced housing.
19. Bootham Crescent, York City
20. Anfield Road, Liverpool F.C.
21. Elland Road, Leeds United
22. The County Ground, Swindon Town
23. St. Andrew’s, Birmingham City
24. St. James’ Park, Exeter City