Day 7 – Ground no. 18: Turf Moor, Burnley
Turf Moor may not be that big, but then neither is Burnley. Maybe that is why Turf Moor somehow seems to dominate the townscape. Inside the ground, the stands seem unusually close to the pitch. There is not much space between the seats. It is very intimate. It is basic old school, no pretense of being a global tourist magnet with flash glass facades. One thing, though, has been added since my visit. An impressive memorial garden. It will only strengthen the feel of a strong community.
18. Turf Moor, Burnley
19. Bootham Crescent, York City
20. Anfield Road, Liverpool F.C.
21. Elland Road, Leeds United
22. The County Ground, Swindon Town
23. St. Andrew’s, Birmingham City
24. St. James’ Park, Exeter City