Day 9 – Ground no. 16: Villa Park, Aston Villa
Maybe it is just a pastiche over Archibald Leitch’s classic but sadly now demolished Trinity Road stand, but I love the sight of The Holte End. The bricks, the golden letters, the stairs. Even the new Trinity Road Stand distinguishes itself from modern grounds with it’s irregular shape. Surrounded by the park with Aston Hall, The Holte pub, terraced streets, this is the place for a football ground. In side, the four separate stands make it feel old school – even though the floodlight pylons have gone.
16. Villa Park, Aston Villa
17. Boundary Park, Oldham Athletic
18. Turf Moor, Burnley
19. Bootham Crescent, York City
20. Anfield Road, Liverpool F.C.
21. Elland Road, Leeds United
22. The County Ground, Swindon Town
23. St. Andrew’s, Birmingham City
24. St. James’ Park, Exeter City