Day 10 – Ground no. 15: Valley Parade, Bradford City
The – tragic – history of the fire in 1985 makes a visit here very emotional. But it is in itself a lovely ground. The Midland Road stand looks like an iceberg sliding over an edge. The steep road behind the old school-looking Bradford End (even though it is only from 1991). The huge Kop and Mainstand that has not been completed the entire length of the pitch is such a stark contrast. And finally the view from the Kop over the lights of the city and the good old fashioned floodlight pylons. I love it.
15. Valley Parade, Bradford City
16. Villa Park, Aston Villa
17. Boundary Park, Oldham Athletic
18. Turf Moor, Burnley
19. Bootham Crescent, York City
20. Anfield Road, Liverpool F.C.
21. Elland Road, Leeds United
22. The County Ground, Swindon Town
23. St. Andrew’s, Birmingham City
24. St. James’ Park, Exeter City