Day 11 – Ground 14: Priestfield Stadium, Gillingham
Floodlights at the end of a terraced street. In fact, a stand at the end of it. Priestfield is mainly about the location. Perfect old school ground right in the middle of a residential area. The temporary uncovered Brian Moore stand for visiting supporters look rather bizar, stuck between the more traditional Gordon Road and Medway Stands. This is the first English ground, where I had paella for my prematch meal. But it was the walk from the ground through the floodlit streets that really made it an experience to remember.
14. Priestfield, Gillingham
15. Valley Parade, Bradford City
16. Villa Park, Aston Villa
17. Boundary Park, Oldham Athletic
18. Turf Moor, Burnley
19. Bootham Crescent, York City
20. Anfield Road, Liverpool F.C.
21. Elland Road, Leeds United
22. The County Ground, Swindon Town
23. St. Andrew’s, Birmingham City
24. St. James’ Park, Exeter City